This course will get you started in Drupal Module Development. Whether you want to learn module development for your own projects or to advance your career as a developer, this course is for you.
Although Drupal can be used as a powerful tool to make websites without writing any code learning to code for Drupal greatly expands what Drupal can do for you.
Who is this course for?:
PHP developers or other programmers who want to add Drupal development to their skillset
Drupal Site Builders who want to learn custom module development
What will you learn?:
- Creating the Module files and where to put them
- Drupal's Hook System and how to use it
- Creating Menu Entries and making Permissions
- Making, Altering and Responding to Drupal Forms
- Creating your own Blocks
- Writing Custom code in your module that integrates with Drupal core and other modules(Without Hacking!)
- When to write code and when NOT to write code!
You have should some knowledge of PHP or another programming language. You should bring your own laptop with a local Drupal 7 installation already in place.
Instructor: Ted Bowman of Six Mile Tech